Thursday, January 22, 2009

just so you know how crazy I am

A moment of silence for Nutkin, please.

I've been working on this sock at work since Dec 11.
I decided to omit the YO in favor of a M1, and I think this was the beginning of the end.
It was difficult to pull over my heel.

Oh and the heel - a German short row - I was eager to try it.
The stitches pulled apart from each other.
I thought to myself, I'll just stitch it up on the inside when I'm done.


So I kept going.
And finished the toe today.


A short row toe.
The first thing I did wrong, besides knit it incorrectly three times last night, was start the short rows on the wrong side.
I didn't realize this until I'd finished, but thought, no big deal, I'll just kitchener it together.
But the stitches spread apart on the short rows here as well.

And last but not least, the whole thing, when on my foot pulls to the left.


In short, I can't stand it. And as soon as I finish typing, I'll be ripping it out.

1 comment:

maitai said...

oh no :( all that hard work!!! poo.