Sunday, December 30, 2007

I was packing up all my knitting goodies - preparing to start Lucetta on Christmas Eve...I double checked the pattern one last time to make sure that I'd be bringing everything I need.

I did have everything, but the tension gauge indicated that the yarn should be doubled.

I was doubtful that if I didn't have enough for Glad that I would have enough for Lucetta.

So, I left it all at home and went on my way with my two almost finished projects.

On the drive, I finished Wright. I couldn't wait to try it on, so I switched tops in the car. It's so cute!



And this past week as I was finishing up the Drops Cabled Cardigan, I got nervous that I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish the piece, so I bought the LAST skein from Elann. It's on it's way with the knit.1 with the boatneck sweater that I've been coveting.
The body of the cardigan looks good, but the sleeves look horrible. I'm going to rip them out to the where the cable pattern stops and re-knit them. I knit them a size too big, plus I may improvise and make use less increases.



I started Dave's UCLA scarf:



And I started the Starfish Shawl! CO 730 stitches - join in the round - being careful not to twist the stitches - and cross your fingers and hope for the best - because it was a crap shoot with all of those stitches squished on to a 24" cable. Yikes!!

2 comments:

maitai said...

730 stitches?! are you crazy?? :)

BEESTLYproducts said...

lol. you'd have to pay me to cast on 730 stitches!
that cardigan looks cute. it seems sleeves always come out a lil' too big, thought it was just me.