Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hello from Stitches West!

I'm here in lovely (rainy) Santa Clara for Stitches West!
I never realized how.many.knitters/crocheters.there.are.
and HOW MUCH YARN there is to buy!

This place is Krazy! People are wonderful.
Ravelers are fantastic!

And people knit incredible things and then wear them for other yarn addicts to admire - it's a knitting love-in!

I'm working in the Petting Zoo - and people love Melissa's yarn!

I met Jess and Casey from Ravlery!
And CookieA came into our booth - I almost fell over! I think I gasped and it scared everyone in the booth. I said, "We are in the presence of sock designing greatness!!"

We also got to see BogieBogie, who won our door prize at TKGA!

I tried out the Signature Art Needles - they are VERY NICE! VERY lightweight! Hold tight DPNers - new needles are on their way!

Thanks to Linda for her comment regarding the Cocoon Shrug.
Thanks for finding the error! - and yes, you are correct, the pattern SHOULD read:

Back Rectangle Piece Cable Pattern:
Rows 1, 3, 5, 7: P2, K3, P6, K3, P6, K3, P6, K3, P6, K3, P6, K3, P6, K3, P2.

and


Long Wraparound Piece Cable Pattern:
Rows 1, 3, 5, 7: P2, K3, P6, K3, P6, K3, P6.

When I get back, I will fix the pdf! Thanks again!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Sounds like a great time. I wanted to go, but couldn't get up there...boo hoo!

maitai said...

i can't wait to hear more about it later! have fun!