Sunday, October 26, 2008

an italian-themed sock

This week I cast on for Primavera.

Playing with Colinette Jitterbug in the Toscana colourway, that I purchased at Stitches West earlier this year and using Addi Turbos, US1.
I'm letting my finger heal from being poked by my KnitPicks circulars.

I have finally joined my last skein of the afghan - I figure as long as it's 90 degrees outside, Adrienne won't be needing the blanket finished any time soon. :-P


I have fallen in love...

with this woman's sweater.
She is from Poland and has done a beautiful job with this Drops pattern.
She used a Polish yarn called Oliwia which is 25% wool and 75% acrylic and size 4.5mm needles.

I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on that yarn - but I sure will have fun researching a substitute!

And I am having second thoughts about starting Lucetta next.

I have started thinking about doing the Cozy
(again, RIP: the first one that I washed and felted)

in my orange Norma yarn (from France) instead.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Wow! That woman did an amazing job. It looks better than the original.

maitai said...

ooh, pretty jitterbug! i have a skein in my stash that i need to knit up pronto!