Monday, August 08, 2005

vest attempt

I've been working on this since last Thursdayand gave up last night, but JUST found a great thread on this pattern at craftster
Here's what I have now: attempt at bebe vest




















I'll post the completed project soon.And someone would like my pattern, I couldn't be more flattered!In updating news:I finshed the green golf vest, and light blue ribbed cardigan.Never again: men's vest size 42, US4, wool/acrylic blend. It looks really nice though.Oh and before I finished the vest, I HAD to make the FCEK Sp/Su05 shrug out of Knit One, Crochet Too, color Istanbul, for my birthday. My friend had done one in Rowan Summer Tweed (a multi-flecked light purple, it was FANTASTIC). I whipped that up in about 4 days - I CONSTANTLY get compliments on it - even from strangers in Carmel. :-)I've got multiple projects started now:morning surf scarf, wild stripes baby blanket, and the bebe vest.AND my neighbor called from Egypt this morning, she was yarn shopping for me, what colors did I want? I picked Egyptian cotton (total of) 1000 yds each in 3mm color: vanilla, and 2.5mm light brown.I can't wait to see it next week, she'll be home on Tuesday. It was $1 for EACH skein! The vanilla came in 50g (138yds) and the brown came in 100g (550yds). I asked her to take a picture of the yarn store, she said the yarn was stacked floor to ceiling. I'll post that when I get it.

No comments: