Sunday, December 17, 2006

itchy is subjective

Elann yarn arrived Saturday around noon.
I was in the middle of the persimmon cardigan and immediately put it down with the intention of skeining the new yarn and giving it a Eucalan soak.

But it was completely unnecessary.

Maybe the other knitters had itchy skeins, or maybe their itchy factor is lower than mine, but in any case, I find this yarn to be VERY soft in comparison with a Lopi or some other heinous yarns I've felt (and felted).

This pattern is not for the faint of heart.
For 48 rows you've got to track three different patterns/panels. I've got 18 left.













I've ripped out several times.
And have kept my eyes glued to BrooklynTweed's pictures as I've gone along. I don't think I could have kept going without them.

Also thoughts this morning as I was completing my very own designed last minute knitted gifts, how grateful I am that I was taught at such a young age to sew, knit, crochet, thread a needle. There are people who are completely amazed at these skills, which I take for granted. Thanks grandma and mom, wherever you are....

No comments: